Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What to do??

Micah's 2nd birthday party is coming up this Saturday and I'm having such a hard time deciding on what to feed 60 people and keep it cheap and most in important healthy!  I thought about subs but feeding 60 people subs turns out to be $130 to $150 just for subs not including the salad I would make.  My brother in laws parents own a Mexican food restaurant and I'm thinking of getting cooked chicken and corn tortillas with cabbage and whole beans with rice.  It's not all clean but at least it's better than pizza!  Oh the decisions!  Any suggestions?

I opted to have no soda instead I'm making a clean punch with sparkling water, all natural cranberry juice and fresh limes and as for the cake I decided to make all natural cupcakes with cocoa powder, cane sugar, wheat flour and vanilla yogurt as my ingredients.  I had to test make them before the party and I added fresh strawberries to the batter.  They only lasted that day then got kinda soggy so I will opt the fruit out for Saturday but other than that they turned out so yummy!  I couldn't believe it, I mean with there not being any butter or white flour they were delish and very satisfying.  There was no guilt eating these cupcakes!  The frosting on the other hand is with butter and powdered sugar but still all natural just not as low in fat!

No comments: